Cute Faces

Cute Faces

Monday, March 1, 2010

Jake's First Day of Kindergarten

We got up and got ready for Jake's first day of Kindergarten. Of course we were late, but we made it. When I let go of Jake's hand there was no looking back. I watched him run excitedly to meet his classmates in line. His smile was huge as he waited to go inside the classroom. I sat there and had no clue what to do. So, I cried. Not a little cry I sobbed like a big baby. Yes, I was pregnant and I did blame it on the hormones...but in all honesty I am sure I would have done that pregnant or not. A mom handed me a tissue and put her arm around me. I didn't know if I should just grab her and sob into her shoulder or just keep looking forward. I did the later of the two. I watched Jake leave with his class and I just said a prayer for him and me that we could make it through this change. And we did and are. When I left the parking lot to go to van I looked for Jake and put my hand out to grab his, a mom habit. It was weird and totally caught me off guard. There was no one behind me. I started to cry harder. I was a mess. I didn't realize how hard it was for Luke and Cole until the day progressed. They kept asking when Jake was coming home and when it was raining outside they were stressed that Jake would get cold, and at lunch they blessed the food and Jake. That first night when Jake got home we all were so excited to have him back. They all played hard together to make up for lost time during the day. And that night Jake asked if he could sleep with his brothers. They all fell asleep in each others arms it was the cutest thing. It didn't take long for them all to fall fast asleep, especially Jake he was exhausted. We had Jake with drawls for about 2 weeks. It was a weird adjustment. I happy for Jake and all that he has done, but I just wish I could rewind time and do all of it over again. It has gone by fast and just seems to keep getting faster.






5 comments:

Tanner and Chelsey said...

Im so glad that you updated your blog I always love reading your stories and looking at the pictures of your cute family. I hope that you are all doing great. We love you and hope to see you soon!

Kimberly Davis said...

I am so happy that you are blogging again - we Missed You, I love seeing pictures of the boys - they are SOOO big, and FINALLY we get to see that baby girl - post more pictures soon!!!! Love you!

Lacey said...

wow so fun to catch up, i seriously think the last i heard you just had the twins! they are so old (sorry ,not what you want to hear i'm sure) congrats on the new little one. she is adorable and will be so well protected by her big bros! where are you guys living now? i'm bad at updating also, but i have a blog at fellarsfamily.blogspot. if you want to check it out!
love ya,
lacey

Gina Sims said...

I am just about crying reading this! I will be the same things in a few months! Maybe you could come with me so I can cry on your shoulder!

Jason and Tricia Loder said...

What a special day and a day you will never forget! I was the same way with Alia on her first day of preschool and kindergarten. Balled like a baby! It's so hard to let go...Jake looks so happy and excited though, so that is good. I love that the twins were so worried about him. So cute! Makes me miss you guys. Sending big hugs! Love you...